Drive 4 Corners is excited to put together a loose agenda event in 2022, with this years gathering taking place in Durango, CO during the last weekend in August. Hosting the event in Durango provides large enough meeting spaces for the social side of the event, while still being close to the roads that encompass the spirit of D4C.
Descending into Durango on Friday, we will do our best to provide group led caravans from Denver, CO Springs, AZ, NM and Texas. While we don’t have a central hotel this year, we have outlined a few options for lodging that are nearby each other where you are likely to connect with others attending the event. Of course, you are welcome to stay wherever you like and can re-connect with the larger group for any combination of activities. Friday evening, we will gather at 10 Burnett Ct, Durango, CO 81301, around 5:30pm, and then disperse to get food. Anticipating that many restaurants can’t accommodate us all at the same time, we have outlined a few restaurant suggestions (see below).
Saturday morning, we will meet at 2500 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301 (LaPlata Fairgrounds, lot on south west corner) around 8:45am for conversation and a group photo at 9:00am. From there we will have three group led drives, with the first departing around 9:15am headed East for Feemon’s General Store in Creed, CO. The second will leave around 10:15am heading up highway US-550 to Handlebars restaurant in Silverton, CO. Some may wish to explore Durango, head south to Ute Mountain Casino, head out on their own unique adventure such as Mesa Verde. As a larger group, we will reconvene at the La Plata Fairgrounds (2500 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301) around 7:30pm for Ice Cream and to visit with other group members.
While Sunday is always bittersweet with some participants departing towards home early, we will have a send meet off with Bagels and Coffee for those that wish to spend more time socializing and swapping stories. We plan to meet at 8:30am in the lot of PJ’s Gourmet Market 67 Trimble Ln, Durango, CO 81301, with folks free to depart at any point.
For the event, we will not have an entry fee this year. Hotel accommodations, food, etc are covered by participants. Trying to secure meeting spaces, centralized accommodations and food has proven to still be a challenge in smaller mountain towns. For this reason, the meeting locations do not have prescheduled group reservations.
Residence Inn – 21691 US-160, Durango, CO 81301
Holiday Inn – 21636 US-160, Durango, CO 81301
Best Western – 21382 US-160 W, Durango, CO 81303
Fairfield Inn – 21719 US-160, Durango, CO 81301
2022 Drive 4 Corners Schedule
Friday August 26th
- Group drive Caravans into Durango
- 5:30pm: Evening Meetup and dinner groups. 10 Burnett Ct, Durango, CO 81301.
Saturday August 27th
- 9:00am: Long Group Drive Meetup @ La Plata Fairgrounds (2500 Main Avenue. Durango, CO 81301)
- Departs at approximately 9:15am. 145 miles (2hrs, 45mins each way). Route travels to Creede, CO and Freemon’s General Store (39254 CO-149, Creede, CO 81130).
- Approximately 9:45am: Short/Medium Group Drive Meetup @ La Plata Fairgrounds (2500 Main Avenue. Durango, CO 81301)
- Meet on south side of the East fields.
- 10:00am: Group Photo @ La Plata Fairgrounds (2500 Main Avenue. Durango, CO 81301)
- 10:15am: Depart on Group Drives.
- Short Group Drive 48 miles (1hr each way) headed north to Handlebars Saloon, Silverton, CO (1323 Greene St. Silverton, CO 81433)
- Medium Group Drive 58 miles (1hr, 15mins each way). Route travels to Riff Raff on the Rio (356 E Pagosa St, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147)
- 7:30pm: Evening Social @ La Plata Fairgrounds (2500 Main Avenue. Durango, CO 81301)
- Meet on south side of the East fields. Bring a camping chair or similar for Ice Cream.
Sunday August 28th
- 9:00am:Morning Social Kickstart @ PJ’s Gourmet Market (67 Trimble Ln, Durango, CO 81301)
Dinner Restaurant Suggestions
East by Southwest
CJ’s Diner (closed Sundays)